Terms and Conditions
General In the absence of any specially agreed conditions, confirmed in writing, the following standard Terms & Conditions Ox Resin Ltd shall apply to all schemes and contracts undertaken by the company. Any disputes within the United Kingdom will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
1. All quotations are given on the basis of a 30-day acceptance period after which time the quotation may be subject to change. Customers also have the right to a 14 day cooling off period where no work has been undertaken by Ox Resin Ltd or instructed by the customer within the 14 day cooling off period.
2. Quoted rates are inclusive of VAT. Payments made via credit card will incur a 2% charge on each card transaction made.
3. Quotations are given on the basis of free access to the relevant site through pre-arranged agreement.
4. If required, and upon mutual arrangement, the customer agrees to accept site delivery of the specialist stone and resins, required for the scheme, prior to the commencement of the works.
5. Whilst every effort will be made to confirm the suitability of the surface to be treated, Ox Resin Ltd cannot be held responsible for the on-going structural or matrix condition of existing surfaces, or new surfaces laid by others, onto which its resin bonded coating is applied. Additionally, Ox Resin Ltd cannot be held responsible for any possible sub-surface deformation on existing surfaces, subsequently overlaid with its resin bound coating, due to the reaction of historic diesel and oil spillages under extremely hot temperatures.
6. The specialist resin bound surface laid by Ox Resin Ltd will follow the profile of the underlying surface and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform Ox Resin Ltd of any existing and unwanted pooling prior to the application of the specialist resin coating. Whilst every effort will be taken to remove any reported pooling, Ox Resin Ltd accept no responsibility for standing water or other drainage issues on existing surfaces or new surfaces laid by others.
7. With regard to schemes where new construction or design changes are required, and whilst Ox Resin Ltd will endeavour to accurately estimate areas of work within its formal quotation, the scheme may be subject to a final measure with unit rates adjusted accordingly in order to properly represent the completed scope of works.
8. All specialist materials remain the property of Ox Resin Ltd until payment for the quoted scheme is paid in full. Ox Resin Ltd retain the right to access the site and to remove or reclaim these laid materials from site in the event that full payment for the completed scheme is not received.
9. Payment terms: 10% deposit to be paid on Purchase Order. Then 35% of total order preparation work is started, 35% when we have completed the groundworks and you have signed them off, 20% on the day of resin installation. If the final payment is not received within 7 days of the resin installation being complete, Ox Resin Ltd reserve the right to send the unpaid balance to a solicitor or collections agency for collection – further costs will then be incurred and added to the final balance.
10. Due to the natural aggregates, stones and blocks we use, some colour variations in the surfaces we lay may occur.
11. Ox Resin Ltd endeavour to complete resin installations as a seamless surface however in the event that this is not possible Ox Resin Ltd will install a aluminium joint to be continued from the next time we are on site.
12. Once Ox Resin Ltd have completed a surface installation, barrier tape (or another form of barrier) will be put around the completed area to notify that it is a hazardous area. After this time Ox Resin Ltd accept no responsibility for the area, and it is the sole responsibility of the owner to look after the surface after this time.
13. As Ox Resin Ltd’s resin surfaces are hand trowelled and antislip glass is scattered by hand, minor level variations may be visible in low natural light conditions or where artificial light is introduced to a specific area – in such cases, shadowing may be visible which is normal for a hand finished driveway, path or patio and it is not considered a hazard or rectifiable occurrence.
14. As Ox Resin Ltd’s anti-slip is hand scattered, some areas may have more anti-slip applied than others. The resulting effect may cause some areas to glisten more than others and this is not considered a hazard or rectifiable occurrence, rather one that shall weather in over time.
15. From the day your deposit is received, you have a 14 day cooling off period in which you are within your rights to cancel your agreement with Ox Resin Ltd. In instances where your quantity survey is arranged within the 14 day cooling off period, your right to cancel will cease on the day prior to the quantity survey. Any refund requests/cancellations after this time will be refunded at the discretion of Ox Resin Ltd.
16. We are proud of our work and love to display it through our website or social media platforms. All customers agree to allow Ox Resin Ltd to photograph our work before, during and after project completion and allow Ox Resin Ltd to publish such imagery – customers that do not wish for imagery of their property to be used for promotional material must inform Ox Resin Ltd in writing of via email prior to work commencing.
Guarantee – Ox Resin Ltd guarantees all materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years following installation provided that payment for the relevant project has been paid in full.
The above guarantee does not cover sub-surface issues unless the underlying substrate was constructed and installed by Ox Resin Ltd nor does it cover situations affecting the newly laid surface that are outside the reasonable control of Ox Resin Ltd.
In the unlikely event that you have issues with your driveway after the installation and require remedial works or rectification works to be carried out – our aftercare are here to help. Any issues are to be reported to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting descriptions and images. You will receive a response to your email within 30 days detailing the next course of action and we endeavour to complete any issues raised within 90 days of the initial email being sent. Any emergency issues will be assessed outside of this process.